LED lighting has entered our lives to stay. In our day to day we use LED lights more than we imagine. The secret of its success: a significantly greater energy savings than the lamps that were traditionally used and many other advantages that we collect in this post.
Advantages of LED lamps:
· They are more ecological. They do not contain polluting chemical substances, one of the biggest problems of fluorescent lamps and of low consumption. In addition, 95% of its components are recyclable.
· They have great light efficiency, with about 50,000 hours of useful life.
· Energy savings of up to 90% are obtained with respect to conventional lighting.
· Available in a large number of colors and formats.
· They allow a remote control of intensity, color, color temperature, operating hours and other functionalities.
· They do not emit heat. The risk of burns is therefore reduced.
· Its efficiency is the highest of all, transforming into light 90% of the energy consumed. Luminous efficiency translates into 60-100 lumens / watt.
· Maintenance costs are drastically reduced.
· Instantly ignite one hundred percent power.
LED applications in the home
For the application of LED lights in the home, it is very useful and attractive to use discrete LED linear elements integrated into the furniture. Its use allows generating cozy environments, highlight objects or create decorative lighting.
The adequate lighting for each room will depend on the type of activity that will be carried out and the light present. For this it is important to take into account the temperature of the light. The lighting required will not be the same, for example, in the kitchen as in the bedroom. In the kitchen we need a whiter light that allows us to better identify the objects, while the lighting in the bedroom will require a warmer light temperature. The light tones that LED lights can give according to their color temperature are:
· Warm tone: 2,000 K – 3,800 K
· Neutral white tone: 4,000 K – 4,800 K
· Cold white tone: 5,000 K – 7,500 K
· Cold tone: 7,500 K – 9,900 K
To achieve an average brightness, equivalent to what was given by the 60 W incandescent bulb, the appropriate LED lamp would be the 10 W and 800 lumens. You can find various Led Lights that you need from your local stockist of electrical wholesalers Australia.
In addition, the latest technologies allow you to incorporate home automation in your home using presence sensors to control the lights on / off or through natural light sensors to disconnect those lamps that are not necessary.
LED applications in gardens
If you are lucky enough to have a garden in your home or business, you can illuminate the paths, walls, plants or fountains in a very elegant way, either by means of projectors, wall lamps, garden lamps or LED solar lamps with built-in presence sensors, which are also resistant to adverse external conditions.